About the Dosha Analysis Procedure
Ayurveda is a very ancient system of medicine that has been practiced in India for some 4-5000 years. Ayurveda (pronounced are-you-veda) literally means knowledge of life. The vedas are the books of knowledge that were written by the Rishis.
It is one of the most wholistic systems of medicine and has been practiced in isolated forms in the west for some time:-
- Herbs used for internal and external medicine
Ayurvedic philosophy holds that our bodies are made up of the elements of water, fire, earth, air and ether. An imbalance of one of these can affect the health of the body. Cure is based on the premise that by adjusting the imbalance through herbs internally and externally, diet, and gentle form of exercise the body is capable of balancing itself to perfect harmony.
Ayurvedic skincare and haircare follows this philosophy. By analysing the body type or dosha we can then determine what products will be appropriate to balance the skin:
- The herbs used in the products are selected for their heating, cooling, nourishing and /or antiseptic/germicidal properties
- Herbs like sandalwood, sesame, honey, lemon, orange, margosa leaves have either germicidal or antiseptic qualities
- The base of the products is either purified water, sesame oil, almond oil, sunflower oil or beeswax
- The base of all our shampoos is shikakai, amla, and reetha, all of which are extremely high in Vitamins especially C
- The range of products are rich in vitamins, naturally occurring minerals and enzymes
- The herbs used in our products are also taken internally for a number of different ailments
Our customers always comment on the beneficial difference the products have made to their skin. We offer a personalised service and approach to skin and scalp care. We believe we can make a difference. Judge the results for yourself. We know you will be totally satisfied.
Our products are made to traditional ayurvedic formulations and are not watered down or emulsified, therefore can appear thick in consistency. The user can dilute the creams with a little pure water if necessary. The colours and fragrance of all products reflect the ingredients in them.